United Nations for Women
The United Nations is an international organization that works to promote peace and security and to protect human rights, and improve the lives of people around the world.
One of the UN's main focuses is to empower women and girls and to promote gender equality.
All women and girls must be afforded equal rights and opportunities, as well as the freedom to live their lives without fear of abuse or prejudice. One of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals is the empowerment and equality of women, which is also essential to all other aspects of inclusive and sustainable development.
Goal 5 of the Sustainable Development Goals is to "Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls". This goal includes a number of targets to be met by 2030, such as eliminating all forms of discrimination and violence against women and girls, and ensuring that all women and girls have equal access to education, health care, and decent work. Goal 5 must be accomplished in order for the other SDGs to be realized.
The targets for Goal 5 of the Sustainable Development Goals are:
- Eliminate all forms of discrimination and violence against women and girls
- Eliminate all forms of harmful practices, such as child marriage and female genital mutilation
- Ensure that all women and girls have equal access to education, health care, and decent work
- Ensure that women and girls are represented in all decision-making bodies and processes
- Achieve gender equality in all aspects of life by 2030
- and more
Ways to get involved with un women include:
- Donate to UN Women
- Volunteer with UN Women
- Advocate for gender equality and women's rights
- Educate yourself and others about gender equality and women's rights issues
- Support businesses and organizations that empower women and girls
For more information, please visit: https://www.unwomen.org/en